Saturday, September 09, 2006

Love

Hey Kid,

I tried to write you a letter, a long, long letter about what love is, or at least how it looks, or at least what I've seen of it so far, and by the time I got to the end of page after page of writing, I realized I had no idea what love was. And no one knows what love is. I suppose I just didn't want your heart to be broken too badly. But it will be broken. It will happen. And you'll find yourself giving up a lot of precious little fantasies in the end, so that you don't end up with a broken heart every single goddamn day of your life.

But maybe that won't happen to you. Maybe you'll figure out the solution. So I don't have any right to try to deprive you of those fantasies, as much as they will probably hurt you in the end. I think having that hope, the hope of living all your dreams, is part of what being young is about, and it's why the rest of the world envies youth and why they worship it as well.

I love you,



C.

No comments: